LABORATORY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
A laboratory information management system (LIMS)is a software-based laboratory and information management system with features that support a modern laboratory’s operations. Key features include—but are not limited to—workflow and data tracking support, flexible architecture, and data exchange interfaces, which fully “support its use in regulated environments”. The features and uses of a LIMS have evolved over the years from simple sample tracking to an enterprise resource planning tool that manages multiple aspects of laboratory informatics.
- Laboratory is one of the most important asset for
Pharmaceutical, Chemical & Pathology Industry
- Laboratory Information is even
more vital & critical for such
- Companies spend huge amount of money on maintaining the
manual records, with little retrieving ability of information.
- LIMS is an Innovative & Revolutionary concept that will change your
world of Laboratory forever!
- LIMS can save you a huge
time, money & energy, while
dealing with Laboratory
What is the'LIMS Concept'?
1. Create Specifications for Testing
2. Allocate Samples to Test Analysts
Specifications Created >
Dashboard shows data for
1. New Specifications Arrived
2. Allocated Specifications
3. Test Completed
4. Customized View Possible
Allocate the Test
Samples to Various Test
You can create the
where you can Specify
Test Manager, Test
Supervisor & Test
from SCM are Registered in
Test Database, for future
3. Define Tests, Procedure & Formulae
The feature that makes LIMS more Powerful & Flexible
Define Test Cases (Physical, Chemical, Biological)
for various types of Raw Materials
Define the Test Procedures – elaborative
descriptions on how to carry out the tests.
Define the Scientific Formulae required to
evaluate the test cases.
Finally Define the Range of Output, which will
make the test Pass or Fail.
4. Create worksheet for Tests
Manual Laboratory Tests can be carried out
- When Test Cases are selected for a
sample, a Worksheet is generated, where all
the tests are mentioned in required
sequence, with explanations of how to carry
out the tests.
- The worksheets are printed by Analyst and
readings are noted when tests are
performed on various machines in
- Finally, these readings are entered into the
system for test evaluation.
- The system can be designed to fetch
Automated Readings, as per requirement
5. Evaluate Test Results
Automated Test Evaluation using Scientific Formulae
- Once observations & readings are entered
in LIMS, the system evaluates all tests with the
help of pre-defined formulae.
- Results can be verified by Supervisor & Test
- The Test Manager can see the result, when
supervisor approves the results.
- Supervisor can see the result for Approval
or Rejection, only when Test Analyst
approves the sample.
6. Certificate of Analysis
COA for Company Audit
- Certificate of Analysis is important step
towards conclusion of any test and
mandatory from Regulatory guidelines.
- When Test Manager approves the Test
results, the COA is issued by the system.
- For failed test cases, samples go into
Rejected queue. These Samples can be retested
or sent back to supplier Vendor.
- Approved samples, which has COA, go to
- COA layout can be pre-defined and
output is taken in PDF.